Titanium is the ninth most abundant element on Earth. It is almost always present in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It occurs in the minerals ilmenite, rutile and sphene and is present in titanates and many iron ores.
Titanium is produced commercially by reducing titanium(IV) chloride with magnesium. Titanium(IV) oxide is produced commercially by either the ‘sulfate process’ or the ‘chloride process’, both of which use the mineral ilmenite as a starting material.
Titanium is as strong as steel but much less dense. It is therefore important as an alloying agent with many metals including aluminium, molybdenum and iron. These alloys are mainly used in aircraft, spacecraft and missiles because of their low density and ability to withstand extremes of temperature. They are also used in golf clubs, laptops, bicycles and crutches.
Power plant condensers use titanium pipes because of their resistance to corrosion. Because titanium has excellent resistance to corrosion in seawater, it is used in desalination plants and to protect the hulls of ships, submarines and other structures exposed to seawater.
Titanium wire is one of our main products.It is available in varying
diameters,from 0.030" to 0.236".Our superior quality,quick delivery and good
price will meet your specific requirements and help you to fulfil your needs.
Welcome to send your enquiry or your question to us online or by email.We will
answer you immediately or within 24 hours.
NumberAMSASTM B 863C
Available Diameters, Types and Package Forms:
Size(mm)Ф0.8 Ф1.0 Ф1.2 Ф1.6 Ф2.0 Ф2.4 Ф3.0Ф3.2 Ф4.0 Ф6.0
Size (inch) 0.030"0.039"0.047"0.062"0.079"0.094"0.118"0.125"0.156"0.236"
ASTM GradeUTS ksi(Mpa)0.2YS ksi(Mpa)%EL
Brief description about some Titanium grades
are unalloyed or CP Titanium while other grades are alloyed or added with
· Grade 1. CP Titanium, lowest strength and high ductility.
· Grade 2. CP Titanium, most commonly used and the best combination of
strength, ductility and weldability.
· Grade 3. CP Titanium, higher strength.
· Grade 4. CP Titanium, highest strength unalloyed grade.
· Grade 5. Most common and widely used alloy Grade. Exceedingly high strength
and high heat resistance.
· Grade 7. Superior corrosion resistance in reducing and oxidizing
· Grade 9. “ Half” alloy version of grade 5.Very high strength and corrosion
resistance.better ductility, formability,
· Grade 12. Better heat resistance than CP Titanium. Applications same as Grade
· Grade 23. Titanium-6 Aluminum-4 Vanadium ELI (Extra Low Interstitial)
Alloy,it is often used in surgical implant applications, high strength
or as marine and offshore energy production components.
Welcome to enquire about TITANIUM WIRE! We will reply you ASAP.